June's Recipe

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. – Germaine Greer
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
Forsaking All I Trust Him!

Friday, June 08, 2007

Morning Clock

Been waking up at 7.30am for quiet time these 2 days. And the amazing thing is I didn't set my alarm clock. Jinhong shared with me his testimony, so I decided to try it for myself, asking God to wake me up in time for my meeting with him, and He has been doing it since! :)

It had been a long time since I had long individual prayers like this...

Clouds marbling the clear blue skies
Hope peeks at unexpected moments
Heavenly grandeur, awe inspiring
Gratitude and thanksgiving
Spiritual conversation
Peace

Praise God for a wonderful morning! Praise God for peace, for taking away burdens of the previous day, and for refreshing me with joy and love! :)

Been bogged down by unhappiness for some time. It's difficult to be bitter in some areas and be innocently joyful in others. My work was a major cause of the depression. Kept wondering if I was underpaid, especially after I heard of the salaries of my fresh grad male peers during class gathering last week. Also, there's a persistent resistance to go back and continue on the enhancement project that I had been doing since last year. I'm getting really sick of facing the same stale code and the same old clients for these 3 years. I was so happy when I was posted to help out part-time in another project last month. The next phase of enhancements are coming soon and I guess I will soon be posted back again. I'm having pre-blues at the thought of it.
The colleagues are the major pull-factor, but I guess I've reconciled myself. Even when I change jobs, we can still go on outings together during public holidays.
I was having really serious mood swings, and Jinhong bore the brunt of my outlashes. Sorry dear... I'm glad we reconciled. If the job is making me so unhappy, it's really time to move on.
Been feeling this peace within for the past 2 days. Really glad that I'm starting on discipled quiet time again.

God is good, all the time ^_^

Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

5 Comments:

At Friday, June 08, 2007 11:29:00 pm, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

i think it will take a lot of effort for me to have quiet time at 7.30am in the morning!!!

God speaks to me more in the wee hours of the night.......

hahhahaha

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 2:38:00 pm, Blogger olenju said...

Dearest June... Yes, I like the poem you wrote. It's so nice and so true, your entry. Praise God for great graet mornings! :)
And it's so natural to feel tired... Let's JIA YOU together! Heez... when i go home, I will be study Jap lang too, so we can biah or ganbabiah together.. hahaha.. that's japkien (jap n hokkien) hahhaha. I pray God really gives you wisdom in your workplace!!!! JIA YOU!

And Xiaowei... I see you in everyone's blog too lei... You are even a more terrific encourager!!!

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 3:10:00 pm, Blogger June said...

Heehee... yah... sometimes I'm so tired I don't know what I'm praying le... just speak in tongues and more tongues... :p
I try to do prayer list at night, then morning just pray :)

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 7:28:00 am, Blogger olenju said...

I know what you mean! Tongues is really a gift from God. When u dunno what to pray, when you are too tired, you can still pray in tongues! N i love what Pst Kong shared some time ago about what researchers n scientists found out about speaking in tongues - the brain is at its most relaxed and calming moment when you speak in tongues! :D

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 12:18:00 pm, Blogger Chin Hong said...

Yah... Just speaking in tongues keeps me refreshed (and awake too)... :P

I'm glad we reconciled too... There's nothing too hard we cannot conquer together!

I'm still learning how to disagree without being disagreeable too, so do bear with me too!

I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home